What To Expect 1 Week After Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
Dr. Truong at Chicago Breast & Body Aesthetics explains what you can expect after your Lipo360 & Brazilian Butt Lift procedure and provides some helpful tips on how to maximize your BBL results in this 1 week post-op visit video.
What should I expect following my Brazilian Butt Lift surgery?
Bruising & Swelling
It’s normal to experience some swelling and bruising. Bruising usually lasts for up to 2-3 weeks with most of it going away. However, it’s possible to experience some swelling for up to 3 to 6 months following the procedure. Many patients also noticed reduced skin sensitivity as well, particularly during the first week of recovery. This is normal.
Drainage & Discoloration
Some drainage and discoloration is normal following your surgery. The amount varies from person to person. Patients will experience post-operative drainage after their procedure. Drainage may be significant for 12-48 hours and will dissipate.
Itching during the recovery period is a normal part of the healing process after any liposuction procedure. Superficial nerves are slightly traumatized during the procedure and as they begin to heal and regenerate, a variety of skin sensations will occur such as a numb tingling sensation, pins and needles, and itching/pain.
When can I shower after my surgery?
You may shower 24-48 hours after your surgery and hot water should be avoided. Avoid the beach, pools, baths, and hot tubs until you are given the clearance by your surgeon. This is to avoid the risk of infections and weakening of the incisions.
When can I exercise after a Brazilian Butt Lift?
Avoid high impact, strenuous activities for the time recommended by your doctor. After 2-4 weeks after your surgery you may resume light activities. We encourage our patients to exercise the buttocks with glute activated work-outs. After the fat cells are fully established, you can resume more rigorous activities such as jogging or running.
To maximize your results, it is recommended that you do the following:
- Avoid sitting directly on your buttocks for at least 8 weeks following your surgery. If you need to sit, use a special BBL pillow.
- Avoid putting pressure on the areas where fat was injected to give fat the best chance to survive. This means sleeping and laying on your stomach.
- Maintain your weight with a healthy lifestyle Eating well balanced healthy meals and of course not smoking will help give you long-lasting results.
- Wear a compression garment or compression foam as instructed by your surgeon. The compression garment helps with the swelling. You should not have compression over the buttocks unless instructed by your doctor. This can compromise the survival of the transferred fat.
- It is very important to follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions and given clearance to ensure good outcomes from the procedure.
How much fat will survive and how long will my results last?
It is impossible to predict exactly how many fat cells are going to survive however about 60-70% of the transferred fat cells should survive as long as you avoid direct pressure to the buttocks. This is very important so this means try not to sit or lay on your back for a minimum of 4 weeks.
Your results should last if you maintain and not lose weight following the procedure. It’s important to remember that the transferred fat cells will behave much like the fat cells in the rest of your body. In other words, transplanted fat cells will grow or shrink with weight gain or weight loss.
If you have had Lipo360 & Brazilian Butt Lift surgery with Chicago Breast & Body Aesthetics and have any questions about your recovery, please do not hesitate to contact us here or call our office 312-846-1529.
For more information on Brazilian Butt Lift surgery visit our procedure page.
See Dr. Truong’s Brazilian Butt Lift before and after photos on our gallery page.