Your consultation will begin at our office at Chicago Breast & Body Aesthetics 1 East Erie Street, suite 242, Chicago, IL 60611. We’re conveniently located in the River North downtown area. Here is the street view of our building from google maps:
Here is some general information about your consultation:
The success and safety of your breast implant surgery depends significantly on you being entirely honest throughout your initial appointment.
By being actively involved in your consultation when considering breast enhancement, any problems, issues or concerns you may have can be taken care of by your board certified surgeon.
You’ll be asked a variety of questions about your health, lifestyle and what you want from the surgery.
Be prepared to discuss:
- Why you want augmentation, your expectations and preferred outcome.
- Clinical conditions, medicine allergies and clinical treatments.
- Use of current medication, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, and tobacco.
- Previous surgical treatments.
- Family history of cancer (especially regarding the breast) and mammograms results or previous biopsies.
Your cosmetic surgeon would likewise:
- Assess your basic wellness and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors.
- Analyze your breasts, and could take comprehensive measurements of their size and shape, skin quality, placement of your nipples.
- Take photos for your medical record.
- Discuss your alternatives and advise a course of treatment.
- Discuss likely outcomes of your breast augmentation and any threats or potential issues.
- Go over using anesthesia throughout your surgery
To find out more information about what you should know in a breast aug consultation, you please visit the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery patient resources.
For more information on the particular surgery, see below:
< Breast Augmentation Terminology | Main Page | What Results Can You Expect from Your Breast Augmentation >